CALL FOR CACO COMMUNITY CAMPING VOLUNTEERS!
We are currently seeking dedicated volunteers, with priority given to ages 16-40, to help make the CACO Community Camping weekend a success.
As a volunteer, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to the greater Cambodian and Cambodian-American community in Oregon and SW Washington, as well as develop leadership and time management skills, create new and lasting connections with others, and enjoy the great outdoors!
Whether you're interested in assisting with set-up, helping with activities, or providing support throughout the event, we have a role that's perfect for you.
UNAPPROVED WALK-IN VOLUNTEERS WILL BE TURNED AWAY. VOLUNTEERS MUST BE REGISTERED, APPROVED, AND ATTEND PRECAMP ORIENTATION.
We currently looking for camp volunteers ages 16+ to fill in the following roles:
- Registration/Greeter (4 official, 2 shifts/day): Responsible for charging proper fees, providing parking passes and wristbands, answering initial questions, taking down LP# and names, handing out any additional forms, and providing general itinerary information. Sum daily revenue.
- Parking Monitor (2-3): Monitors parking lot and campsite parking to ensure parking passes have been issued (for those who may show up before or after registration shifts), directs new arrivals to proper parking locations and rules. Makes sure roadways are clear and nobody is boxed in.
- Site Monitor/Supervisor (1-2): Responsible for cleanliness of campsite. Provides materials for campers at the anointed site (i.e trash bags, firewood, etc). Enforce camp rules and report problems.
- Chauffeur / Shuttle Drivers (2-3): Drives campers and camping material around the campground as needed.
- Single activity Coordinator (TBD): May be an individual or a team. Responsible for the organization and execution of the pre-planned activity. This includes activity plan, item acquisition, setup, execution, and cleanup. Open to activity suggestions. Open to anyone who has an idea for an activity and would like to see it happen during camp.
- Movers (4+): Aid incoming Campers with unloading, loading, and camp set up to ensure traffic blockages do not occur. This will primarily be needed at and around the main cabin.
PERKS OF BEING A VOLUNTEER:
CACO SCHOLARSHIP FUND
In celebration of our 25-year anniversary, CACO is establishing a scholarship initiative for all youth volunteers (ages 14-25), funded by the purchase of CACO coffee and refreshments, food and snacks, admission tickets, raffle tickets, and our exclusive CACO Community Camping 25-year anniversary celebration shirts.
Through this program, we aim to support aspiring students from diverse backgrounds in their educational pursuits. Selected students will receive financial assistance for tuition fees, textbooks, and other educational expenses.
All youth volunteers enrolled or planning to enroll in a trade school, 2-year or 4-year college institution will be eligible for this CACO scholarship. More information TBA.